Saturday, April 15, 2006

Leaving My Creations

I have quite a collection of Found Art I've created over the past few months. I have them in an envelope in my purse and, when I remember, I'm leaving pieces behind.

Last night I went out to eat at Applebee's to escape the heat. It has been unseasonably warm and I'm avoiding putting on the air conditioner since I know it won't last. The server we had was a very nice and friendly woman. I was planning on leaving her a piece of art with her tip, thinking that Applebee's had those wallet-type things that they put your check in. Foiled! They just bring your check to the table with a pen. Our server had clipped the pen on to the receipts. So, when I took my receipts, I replaced them with a piece of art. The receipt I had to leave with my signature was larger than the piece of art, so it completely covered it. She wouldn't have known she was left anything until she picked that up.

I've taken a few coasters from restaurants like Applebee's and Chili's and altered them. I decided to leave one of those behind, too. I didn't want someone clearing the table in a hurry to accidentally put it in the trash, so I left it in the little stand they have for salt, pepper, sugar, etc.

Today I went to Dairy Queen to beat the heat. I dropped one small piece of art in the box they have for comment cards. There were a lot of teens around because they were doing a car wash out front. One of the coasters I made had jeans on it, so I thought the teens might think that was cool. I left the coaster on one of the tables. I left one more piece of art on the stand where they display pictures of the cakes you can buy.

If you happen to have found one of my pieces of art, I hope you enjoy it. I'd love to hear how you found it. Were you surprised to see it sitting there?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home