Saturday, April 22, 2006

Arting on the Journey

I had a business trip in Boston this week. I have an envelop of art in my purse and was reminded to leave art every time I was in my purse. And, boy, did I leave a trail!

I left art in cabs, pockets in the airplane seats, tucked in the metal frame around the buttons on an elevator, in a phone book in the hotel room, on bulletin boards, on tables in restaurants, and even outside people's rooms at
the hotel.

The taxi driver I had on the way to the airport yesterday was very observant. I tucked a very small piece of art in the metal frame that holds up the plexiglass between the front and back seats. It was way in the corner very far from where he was sitting. When we got near the airport, he turned his head to look back at me to ask me
which airline I was flying out on. He caught a glimpse of the back of my piece of art which only had my handwriting on white. He tried reading it for a while and then asked me to hand it to him. I acted like I didn't know what he was talking about, and then said, "Oh this! I thought you had put this here." He held it in his hands for quite a while gazing at it when we were at a stop light.

I think my art made a difference ... at least with him.

1 Comments:

Blogger Fayme Zelena Harper said...

I'm glad you had more success handing out your art on your trip than I did on mine. The wedding kept me so busy I didn't even get to leave any art around on Sat. I was going to do it Sunday because my daughter said we'd play around in Vegas awhile before we went home. But then on Sunday, my daughter and her boyfriend decided to drive me home early Sunday morning, so we didn't even go to Vegas at all. Pout.

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home